Market surveillance / Safety Mark
Market surveillance is carried out under a service mandate from the federal government. It comprises the following principal activities:
- Attending exhibitions and trade fairs, visiting manufacturers, wholesalers, specialist businesses and importers
- Inspection of advertising for electrical products in brochures, technical journals, daily newspapers and electronic media
- Verification inspections of products that have given rise to complaints
- Issuing information to manufacturers, dealers and consumers regarding the technical requirements and statutory regulations for the placing on the market of electrical products and on the tasks, responsibilities and working methods of the supervisory authority.
Certification safety mark
With the Swiss Safety Mark in full conformity with the Ordinance for Electrical Low-Voltage Products (NEV), the manufacturer that places a low-voltage electrical product on the market indicates to the consumer that they comply with the legal regulations on electrical safety and electromagnetic compatibility.
- Issuing the Swiss safety mark in accordance with NEV (Ordinance for Electrical Low-Voltage Products) on application from manufacturers or vendors in Switzerland and abroad based on attestations of conformity or test reports from accredited testing bodies or international certificates.
- The safety mark corresponds to Certification Category 2 (type testing and market surveillance).
- We are the accredited certification body for electrical products in conformance with NEV (Accreditation Number SCESp 0033) according to ISO/IEC 17065:2012.