Obligations of economic operators
ESTI (the Swiss Federal Inspectorate for Heavy Current Installations) as the public authority responsible for market surveillance is authorised to demand from each economic operator the declaration of conformity, the technical documentation and in particular all other documents and specifications required in connection with its activities as the supervisory authority.
Economic operators for their part should note their obligations as regards:
- Their roles as manufacturer, authorised representative (agent), importer and distributor;
- Placing on the market and making available on the market of equipment and products;
- Identification of equipment and products on the market;
- Information to be enclosed;
- The declaration of conformity;
- Technical documentation;
- Retention periods;
- Requirements on the conformity assessment bodies;
- Market observation by economic operators.